Welcome to the CEASA-National web site
The purpose of this web is to enhance the services we provide to our members and to assist our colleagues in various healthcare professions to understand what we are all about.
CEASA is a voluntary association of Clinical Engineering practitioners. Our members practise at all levels within both state and private sector healthcare delivery systems in South Africa, also in the allied medical devices supply and support industry.
CEASA's objectives are fully defined within our Constitution, however some key fundamentals are
- To encourage and promote the personal and professional
development of all our Clinical Engineering
- To reinforce and elevate the Clinical Engineering
profession as seen by all healthcare professionals.
- To strive for continued Clinical Engineering excellence and
partnership within all healthcare provision environments.
- To directly represent all levels of Clinical Engineering
practitioners within the
Engineering Council of South Africa.
- To foster and establish international links and co-operation surrounding all aspects of Clinical Engineering.
We are involved in the planning of ongoing educational meetings and other programs, frequently interacting with healthcare professionals, the South African Department of Health, the Engineering Council of South Africa, academic institutions, other organisations and associations. CEASA in effect represents the practice of Clinical Engineering in all national forums.